Leading national nonprofit, The Leapfrog Group, a Washington D.C. based organization representing employers and other purchasers aiming to improve health care safety and quality, announced today the 2016 members of its Hospital Advisory Committee.
The Hospital Advisory Committee’s mission is to advise Leapfrog’s Board and management on trends in the hospital industry affecting hospital quality, safety, and efficiency. The Committee does not advise on content, scoring, or public reporting of the current cycle Leapfrog Hospital Survey or Hospital Safety Score.
Hospital Advisory Members are elected by the Leapfrog board, and represent a cross section of hospitals and hospital systems with diversity in hospital size, geographic location and type, and diversity of senior leadership roles. The Committee is chaired by Dr. Gary Kaplan, Chairman and CEO of Virginia Mason Medical Center, and Daniel Roble, General Counsel of Caregroup and counsel to The Leapfrog Group Board of Directors. 2016 members include:
- Evie Alessandrini, Assistant Vice President, Outcomes Systems and Attending Physician, Division of Emergency Medicine, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Ohio
- Fredrick Cerise, President and CEO, Parkland Hospital & Health System, Texas
- Barbara Crawford, Vice President, Quality & Regulatory Services, Kaiser, Northern California
- Jane Englebright, VP, Clinical Performance, Chief Nursing Officer, HCA, Tennessee
- Gary Kaplan, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Washington
- Stephen Lawless, VP, Quality and Patient Safety, Nemours, Delaware
- Amy Mansue, President , Southern Region, RWJ Barnabas Health, New Jersey
- Michelle Schreiber, Senior Vice President and CQO, Henry Ford Health System, Michigan
- Shelly Shibles , Vice President, Quality and Safety , Stephens Memorial Hospital, Maine
- Sherrill Sorensen, System Chief Nursing Officer, SageWest Health System, Wyoming
- Kevin Tabb, President and CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Massachusetts
- Darrell K. Terry, Sr., Chief Operating Officer, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, New Jersey
- Stephen Weber, Chief Medical Officer, University of Chicago Medicine, Illinois
Hospitals or others who are interested in nominating a hospital executive to the Hospital Advisory Committee for 2017 should submit a CV and letter of interest to email@example.com.