Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) are infections that were not present when a patient was admitted to the hospital, but develop as a result of errors or accidents in the hospital.
This section of the survey contains rates of five types of HAIs:
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI)
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI)
- Hospital-acquired MRSA infections
- Hospital-acquired C. diff infections
- Surgical site infections for colon surgeries
Leapfrog requires reporting hospitals to join The Leapfrog Group’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Group (at no cost). This will allow Leapfrog to obtain the hospital’s standardized infection ratios for each of the five applicable infection measures directly from NHSN, decreasing the reporting burden for hospitals.