In recognition of the fact that more than 60 percent of surgeries in the United States are now performed in hospital outpatient departments or ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), Leapfrog is adding the Outpatient Procedures section to the Leapfrog Hospital Survey. The questions asked in this new section will parallel those included in the Leapfrog ASC Survey.
View Leapfrog Hospital Survey Results here.
Click below for more information on the contents of the outpatient procedures section.
Basic Facility Information
This section requests general information about the facility that consumers should know, including:
- Number of operating rooms and procedure rooms
- Transfer policies (if applicable)
Medical, Surgical and Clinical Staff
Question pertaining to the training and education of medical, surgical and clinical staff is covered in this section of the Survey, including:
- Proper resuscitation training such as Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Board certification for physicians, anesthesiologists, and certified nurse anesthetists
Volume and Safety of Procedures
A significant body of evidence suggest a strong relationship between surgical volume and outcomes, so this section recounts volume for procedures commonly performed on an outpatient basis, including both adult and pediatric procedures within the following specialties:
- General surgery
- Neurological surgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
This section of the Survey also includes questions about patient follow-up, patient selection, and use of a safe surgery checklist.
Patient Safety Practices
In order to achieve a higher likelihood of a safer procedure in an outpatient unit or an ASC, patients should choose a facility that has implemented key practices related to:
- Medication safety for patient undergoing outpatient procedures
Hospitals and ASCs can have a survey administered to patients that asks about their experience in the facility. The information provided in this section offers patient-reported quality data that is valuable to purchasers and patients considering care at that facility. Examples of questions asked in patient experience surveys include:
- Did your doctor or anyone from the facility prepare you for what to expect during your recovery?
- Before you left the facility, did your doctor or anyone from the facility give you information about what to do if you had bleeding as a result of your procedure?
- Possible signs of infection include fever, swelling, heat, drainage or redness. Before you left the facility, did your doctor or anyone from the facility give you information about what to do if you had possible signs of infection?