Each year, The Leapfrog Group’s team of researchers reviews the literature and convenes expert panels to ensure the Leapfrog Hospital Survey aligns with the latest science as well the public reporting needs of purchasers and consumers. Once a list of proposed changes is assembled for the next year’s Survey, Leapfrog releases those changes for public comment. The comments are then reviewed by Leapfrog’s research team and used to refine the Survey before it is finalized.
This year, we are requesting that commenters pay special attention to the following:
- Online Submission Requirements
- Section 3A: Hospital and Surgeon Volume
- Section 6: NQF Safe Practices
- Section 8C: Opioid Prescribing (Not Scored or Publicly Reported in 2020)
- Section 10: Outpatient Procedures
- Request for Information from Hospitals that Operate Surgery Centers
Comments will be accepted until COB on December 20, 2019.