Regional Leader Information
Region: Kentucky and Southern Indiana
Covered Counties: Kentucky - all counties. Indiana - Clark, Floyd, Harrison, and Scott.
Contact: Stephanie Clouser
Title: Data Scientist
Address: 1415 Bardstown Road, Mailbox 19, Louisville, KY 40204
Phone: (502) 238-3603 x4
The Kentuckiana Health Collaborative is a non-profit coalition of healthcare purchasers and stakeholders working to solve the complex health problems that face our local communities. The KHC has two decades of experience leading innovative change in healthcare, with the goal of improving the health status and healthcare delivery in Greater Louisville and Kentucky.
Why is your organization proud to be a Leapfrog Regional Leader?
We all want to receive healthcare where the costs are reasonable, the outcomes are exceptional and equitable, the medical errors are minimal, and we feel respected by providers who are energized and engaged in mission-driven work. The KHC has long been a regional leader in primary care measurement reporting, and a natural progression of that work is hospital quality and safety. One of the big takeaways from the RAND hospital price transparency study was the need to focus more on hospital safety ratings; it has been on our radar to become a Leapfrog community for more than a decade. The Leapfrog Regional Leader model provides the tools to advance quality and safety transparency in a standardized way that allows for comparison to hospitals across the country.
- Geographic coverage: Kentucky and Southern Indiana
- Population: approximately 4.7 million
- Number of employer/coalition lives in Regional Leader area: approximately 500,000
- List of employer members: Ford Motor Company; GE Appliances, a Haier company; Jefferson County Teachers Association; Kelley Construction; Kentucky Personnel Cabinet; LG&E-KU Energy; Papa John’s International; Teachers’ Retirement System of the State of Kentucky; UPS; UAW
- Largest insurers: Aetna, Anthem, Humana, Passport by Molina, WellCare