The Leapfrog Group announced today the 2019 Bruce Bradley Fellowship class. This year’s distinguished fellows will participate in a yearlong education and leadership development program designed to help employers and purchasers of health care benefits advance safety and quality.
Congratulations to the 2019 Bruce Bradley Fellows:
- Jon Bucheri, Health and Benefits Principal, Mercer
- Sharon Castillo, Director, Delivery and Administration, Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church
- Kendall Cislo, Senior Investment Operations Strategist, United Auto Workers Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
- Aaron Schrader, Human Resources Manager II, State of Delaware Statewide Benefits Office
- Cheryl Tolbert, President, Louisiana Business Group on Health
“Employers and purchasers continue to lead the way in bold innovations that are advancing health care in our country,” said Leah Binder, president and CEO of The Leapfrog Group, which runs the fellowship. “The Bruce Bradley Fellowship helps build and establish employer and purchaser leaders by giving them the tools needed to make quality health care a reality for their employees and all Americans. We welcome this new distinguished fellowship class and look forward to a year of learning together.”
Named in honor of Bruce E. Bradley, a founding member and first chair of The Leapfrog Group Board of Directors, and former Director of Health Care Strategy and Public Policy for General Motors Health Care, the fellowship supports mid-career professionals taking a proactive role in encouraging employees and their families to pursue higher value health care.
The year’s fellows will gain expertise in measurement of and advocacy for hospital quality and safety, as well as effective methods of steerage. After training, Leapfrog expects that fellows will become recognized leaders, facilitating and promoting employers’ selection of higher quality, safer health care facilities and health systems locally, regionally and nationally.