New in November - Application Materials Available
Program Launch Webinar: Become a Recognized Leader in Caring for People with Diabetes - A New Program of The Leapfrog Group and the American Diabetes Association
October 27, 4:00-5:00 PM ET
On November 1, 2023, The Leapfrog Group and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) launched a new national program to recognize hospitals that are providing safe, high-quality care to hospitalized patients with diabetes, regardless of the reason for their hospitalization.
The launch webinar includes presentations from:
- Leah Binder, President and CEO of The Leapfrog Group
- Dr. Robert Gabbay, Chief Science and Medical Offer of the American Diabetes Association
- Tara Rose Murphy, a patient on our Expert Panel
- Dr. Guillermo Umpierrez, chair of our Expert Panel and Professor of Endocrinology at Emory University School of Medicine
- Dr. Andrew Demidowich, a practicing endocrinologist and our subject matter expert at Johns Hopkins Medicine
Slides and a recording are available here.
The Leapfrog Group and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) partnered to launch an inpatient diabetes recognition program called Recognized Leader in Caring for People Living with Diabetes. It is the first-ever national recognition program that will recognize hospitals providing safe and high-quality health care for people living with diabetes.
Adult and general acute hospitals and specialty hospitals that care for adult inpatients and have submitted a 2023 Leapfrog Hospital Survey are eligible to apply for the designation. Application materials are now available. A badge will be given to only the top performers and displayed on Leapfrog’s public reporting website. Hospitals that do not meet the criteria will not be identified.
“There is an immense need to ensure hospitals provide safe, patient-centered care for all people who live with diabetes.”
- Robert Gabbay, M.D., Chief Scientific and Medical Officer, American Diabetes Association
Hospitals interested in applying can sign up below to receive the application once it is available later this fall.