The Leapfrog Group and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) partnered to launch an inpatient diabetes recognition program called Recognized Leader in Caring for People Living with Diabetes
“There is an immense need to ensure hospitals provide safe, patient-centered care for all people who live with diabetes.”
- Robert Gabbay, M.D., Chief Scientific and Medical Officer, American Diabetes Association
It is the first-ever national recognition program that will recognize hospitals providing safe and high-quality health care for people living with diabetes.
Adult and general acute hospitals and specialty hospitals that care for adult inpatients and submit a Leapfrog Hospital Survey are eligible to apply for the designation. A badge will be given to only the top performers and displayed on Leapfrog’s public reporting website. Hospitals that do not meet the criteria will not be identified.
Applications are now closed and hospitals will be recognized in March 2024. The next Application Cycle will open on July 1. Below, eligible hospitals can find important information on the Recognized Leader in Caring for People Living with Diabetes Application.
Hospitals and others can find more information about the program at the links below.
- Program Webinars and Resources: Review and watch the webinar we held for hospitals on October 27 which discussed this new program and its importance.
- About the Program: Learn more about the program and Leapfrog's partnership with the American Diabete's Association.
- Key Indicators for Recognition: Review the key indicators included in the program.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- National Expert Panel: Learn about the experts Leapfrog is working with for this program.