Welcome to the 2021 Leapfrog ASC Survey. Here is some important information to help you get started.
Information about the ASC Survey Web Pages
The information on these web pages is organized into five main topics: Get Started (you are on this topic now), Deadlines, Survey Materials, Scoring and Results, and Get Help. Under each of these five main topics, we have included several sub-topics where ASCs can find related information and materials. Please take a few minutes to explore the Survey web pages.
Online ASC Survey Tool
Log in to the Online ASC Survey Tool with your 16-digit security code at https://survey.leapfroggroup.org/login/asc. Before you log in to the Online ASC Survey Tool for the first time, please review the How to Use the Online Survey Tool guide.
The following presentation was developed for the 2020 Leapfrog ASC Survey, but can be referenced for assistance with navigating the Online ASC Survey Tool for the purposes of (re)submitting a 2021 Leapfrog ASC Survey. Please be sure to use sound when viewing the presentation. View presentation here.
Find the right Survey
It's important that you are completing and submitting the correct Survey.
An ASC is a distinct entity that exclusively provides same-day surgical services to patients not requiring hospitalization. Important characteristics of ASCs include the following:
- If certified by Medicare, the facility is certified as an ASC (not all ASCs are certified by Medicare) and has been assigned a 10-digit CMS Certification Number (nn-Cnnnnnnn)
- Provides surgical services that do not exceed 24 hours
- May or may not be affiliated with a hospital
- Often are specialty-specific
ASCs should complete and submit the Leapfrog ASC Survey.
An HOPD is a location that provides outpatient hospital services and operates under the licensure/approval of a hospital. Important characteristics of HOPDs include the following:
- If certified by Medicare, the facility is certified as a hospital (not all hospitals are certified by Medicare) and has been assigned a 6-digit CMS Certification Number (nn-nnnn)
- Provides outpatient hospital services, meaning preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, or palliative services that are furnished to outpatients
- May be co-located with a hospital (e.g., a unit within the building or building connected to the main hospital) or separately located (e.g., a separate on/off-campus surgical center)
HOPDs should complete and submit the Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
Leapfrog offers several opportunities for ASCs to learn about the content of the Survey as well as the logistics involved in submitting a Survey. Each year we host several Town Hall Calls where we will detail Survey content, scoring changes, and important deadlines. Following the Town Hall Calls, we will post the recordings and slide decks on the registration page.
ASCs are encouraged to contact our Help Desk with any questions regarding the Survey. The Help Desk is staffed from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET on all regular business days. Help Desk tickets are responded to within 1-2 business days. More information is available on the Get Help webpage.
Leapfrog is strongly committed to data accuracy. Take a minute to review our pre- and post-submission protocols on the Data Accuracy page.