Leapfrog has made several one-time only changes to the Survey process as part of our COVID-19 response, including updating the Submission Deadline to July 31 (previously June 30), updating reporting periods, reducing sample sizes for select measures, and providing hospitals with two options for achieving Leapfrog’s CPOE standard. Please review all changes on pages 8-9 of the 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
- The Leapfrog Hospital Survey web pages are located at http://www.leapfroggroup.org/hospital. Please bookmark this URL.
- Note the word “hospital” used throughout this Survey refers to an individual hospital. If your hospital is part of a multi-hospital healthcare system or a multi-campus hospital, you will need to complete the Survey for each individual hospital. Please refer to Leapfrog’s Multi-Campus Hospital Reporting Policy.
- In order to submit a Survey via the Online Hospital Survey Tool, hospitals will be required to complete and affirm the following five sections: Section 1 Basic Hospital Information, Section 2 Medication Safety – CPOE, Section 4 Maternity Care, Section 5 ICU Physician Staffing, and Section 6 Patient Safety Practices. However, hospitals that would like complete data for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Hospital Safety Grade must also submit Section 7 Managing Serious Errors and Section 8 Medication Safety. Hospitals are urged to submit all applicable sections.
- Adult and general hospitals that indicate they have a CPOE system have two options for achieving Leapfrog’s CPOE standard. Hospitals that opt to take the CPOE Test will only have access to the CPOE Evaluation Tool after completing and affirming Section 2 Medication Safety - CPOE in the Online Hospital Survey Tool. Hospitals cannot submit the Survey, including results from the Adult Inpatient CPOE Test until all of the following Survey sections have been completed and affirmed: Section 1 Basic Hospital Information, Section 2 CPOE, Section 4 Maternity Care, Section 5 ICU Physician Staffing, and Section 6 Patient Safety Practices. Hospitals opting to complete the CPOE Test are urged to ensure that the Adult Inpatient CPOE Test is submitted along with the Survey (i.e., in the same month) in order to meet the deadlines for the Leapfrog Hospital Survey and Leapfrog’s other programs such as Top Hospital and the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- Adult and pediatric hospitals reporting on Section 7B Healthcare-Associated Infections are required to join Leapfrog’s NHSN Group. Information about teaching status will also be pulled directly from NHSN. More information, including important deadlines, is available on the Join NHSN Group webpage.
Leapfrog Hospital Survey Results will be available on the Hospital Details Page and publicly reported on the public reporting website within the first five (5) business days of August. After August, the Hospital Details Page and public reporting website will be refreshed monthly within the first five (5) business days of each month to reflect Surveys submitted or resubmitted between August 1 and November 30 and previously submitted Surveys that were corrected before January 31. Survey Results are frozen from February to July 25.
- All questions regarding the Leapfrog Hospital Survey should be submitted to the Help Desk at https://leapfroghelpdesk.zendesk.com/. Questions submitted to the Help Desk will receive a response within 1-2 business days (see Help Desk Holiday Schedule).
- For hospitals that would like Leapfrog Hospital Survey Results included in their Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, please visit the “For Hospitals” section of the Hospital Safety Grade website for important information on Data Snapshot Dates. A Leapfrog Hospital Survey must be submitted by the Data Snapshot Date for Survey data to be used in the Hospital Safety Grade.
- Leapfrog is committed to verifying the accuracy of Leapfrog Hospital Survey results. Please review the information on the Data Accuracy webpage.
- The Submission Deadline for the 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Survey is July 31, 2021 and the Late Submission Deadline is November 30, 2021. Hospitals that do not submit a Survey or CPOE Evaluation Tool (adult hospitals only) before 11:59 pm Eastern Time on November 30, 2021 will have to wait until the launch of the 2022 Leapfrog Hospital Survey on April 1, 2022.