Named in honor of The Leapfrog Group's first Board Chair, The Bruce Bradley Fellowship is a year-long education and training program for corporate-health professionals who want to take an active role in steering employees and their families to safer, higher-quality hospitals and health systems.
Fellows will gain expertise in measurement of and advocacy for hospital quality and safety, as well as effective methods of steerage. After training, Leapfrog expects that fellows will become recognized leaders, facilitating and promoting employers’ selection of higher-quality, safer hospitals and health systems locally, regionally and nationally.
2024 Bruce Bradley Fellow Application
November 15, 2023: Applications Due
Late November 2023: An independent selection committee will review applications. Selected fellows will be contacted.
December 2023: 2024 Bruce Bradley Fellows Class formally announced
2023 Bruce Bradley Fellowship Class
- Kayley Delashmit, Pharmacy Program Coordinator, St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition
- Gary Howell, Sr Manager, Compensation and Benefits, Constellium
- Janet McNichol, Chief Human Resources Officer for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Suresh Mukherji, MD, Medical Director, Economic Alliance of Michigan and Kentuckiana Health Collaborative
Leading Through a Culture of Patient Safety
In a new article, 2022 Bruce Bradley Fellows discuss their experience as fellows in the program through immersions at St. Luke's University Hospital and Capital Blue Cross.
See what past Fellows have to say about the program:
"The Bruce Bradley Fellowship has broadened and deepened my knowledge about quality and safety transparency through collaboration with the Leapfrog executives, hospital executives, policy experts, and the other six Fellows in my group. This kind of professional education could only be gained from this unique experience."
- Jill Hutt, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health, 2017 Bruce Bradley Fellow
"Being a Bruce Bradley Fellow has been a wonderful experience! It has enriched my understanding of the challenges around creating a more transparent marketplace, and also taught me where to find the opportunities to drive change.”
- Sharmila Shankarkumar, Mercer, 2018 Bruce Bradley Fellow
|The Bruce Bradley Fellowship is a program of the Judie Burrows Education Institute and is funded in part by individual and corporate contributions. If you are interested in contributing to this program, please visit www.leapfroggroup.org/donate.